- digitizing collections;
- arranging and describing archival and manuscript collections;
- cataloging collections of printed works, photographs, recorded sound, moving image, art, and material culture;
- preservation reformatting;
- deacidification of collections; and
- preserving and improving access to humanities resources in “born digital” form.
Deadline: January 30, 2009 This funding opportunity offers successful applicants a $2,500 grant from NEH for exhibition-related expenses and for exhibition programming.
Deadline: May 14, 2009 Preservation Assistance Grants help small and mid-sized institutions, such as libraries, museums, historical societies, archival repositories, ... and colleges and universities, improve their ability to preserve and care for their humanities collections. These may include special collections of books and journals, archives and manuscripts, prints and photographs, moving images, sound recordings, architectural and cartographic records, decorative and fine arts, textiles, archaeological and ethnographic artifacts, furniture, and historical objects.
- General preservation assessments
- Consultations with professionals to address a specific preservation issue, need, or problem
- Purchase of storage furniture and preservation supplies
- Purchase of environmental monitoring equipment for humanities collections
- Education and Training