Thomson Research provides annual reports, SEC filings, and IBES tearsheets for U.S. and international publicly-traded companies.
Holdings: Online access for some filings and companies is available from 1960. Filings from 1995 to present are more comprehensive.
Wharton Research Data Services - WRDS is a comprehensive sources of financial, accounting, economic, management, marketing, banking, and insurance data. WRDS offers access to datasets from COMPUSTAT, CRSP, Dow Jones Averages, EVENTUS, FDIC , FISD , Foreign Exchange Rates , Forrester, Global Insight (formerly DRI), GOVPX, I/B/E/S, IRI, IRRC, ISSM, LSPD, Media Metrix, OptionMetrics, PACAP, PHLX, Nastraq, NYSE TAQ, The Conference Board and Thomson Financial. Access to WRDS requires a Wharton password.
Thomson One Analytics is a robust web based application that allows you to research information about different companies and sectors. Thomson One Analytics draws from Worldscope, Datastream, FirstCall and more to monitor new investment information, and identify and analyze investment opportunities. It Includes company overviews, estimates, price histories, fundamentals, balance sheet data, institutional holdings and analyst reports.
Updated daily provides nearly 3,300 full text scholarly publications, including more than 1,000 peer-reviewed journals. In addition to the full text, this database provides indexing and abstracts for more than 6000 journals. This database offers information in nearly every area of business including management, economics, finance, accounting, international business, and more.
Business Source Premier contains full text from the world's top management and marketing journals including Harvard Business Review, California Management Review,Administrative Science Quarterly, Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Industrial & Labor Relations Review, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of Marketing Management, Journal of Marketing Research (JMR), Journal of Marketing, Journal of International Marketing, etc.
The database also includes other sources of full text information such as country economic reports from the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), Global Insight, ICON Group and CountryWatch and detailed company profiles from Datamonitor for the world's 5,000 largest companies.
Hoover's Online provides company profiles (company histories, strategies, market positions, major events and other information) for approximately 12 million international companies with in-depth coverage of the world's top 25, 000 businessess. Included in this product is IPO Central, a databases of Initial Public Offerings for U.S. companies. It allows screening by location (U.S. State or foreign country), company type, industry group and sales size. Hoover's also provides links to news, financials, and stock quotes. Updated Daily.
-from publisher website
A directory and financial reporting service on 13,000 banks worldwide. It provides standardized reports, ratings, ownership data as well as extensive financial analysis functions.
Call#: Van Pelt Library PS25 .B58 1996
more histories of creation of: Hazard of New Fortunes, Ambassadors, Sister Carrie, House of Mirth
From the website:
WRDS provides instant access to important databases in the fields of finance, accounting, banking, economics, management, marketing and public policy.
We provide universities with the following key benefits:
* A Simple, yet Powerful Web Interface. We offer point-and-click access to many databases. You can research one firm or several hundred firms simultaneously. All the databases have a common interface and a consistent data format.
* A Host of Research Applications. We offer sophisticated tools and sample programs for a variety of research, including: conducting event studies, testing asset-pricing models using Fama-French portfolios, calculating bid-ask spreads on different exchanges and securities, and much more.
* Support from a team of PhD's and IT Specialists. Whether you use the web interface or run customized programs on our UNIX server, our staff of Phd's and programmers will answer your research and programming questions.
* Classroom Learning Enhancements. WRDS interface is simple and straightforward. Faculty can easily integrate research data into classroom lectures and student projects.
* Timely Updates. Our experienced IT staff converts and installs database updates, so research data can be accessed immediately. You no longer have to spend countless hours programming and decoding tapes or writing Fortran access programs.
Home page for the Wharton School's courseware service. Includes information on getting a Wharton computing account when you are taking a course at the School, along with over 100 answers to frequently asked questions for using the courseware service.